To the actors auditioning for DreamFables: the sides are designed to give people an opportunity to explore how they might approach a variety of different roles. This will help us in making casting decisions in the future. We’re not expecting the actors to memorize the sides. But I would recommend reading them over, as you will likely have an opportunity to read for more than one role. Reading the synopses may give an idea of whether a particular role might appeal to you, or be a good fit.
“Which sides should I look at?”
- SIDES – I LOVE HER – RICK, SARAH AND MARIE –
I Love Her: Rick’s married to Sarah, at least in one reality, the one he wishes he could live in. Marie is a powerful woman with no time for what she sees as nonsense. You could view her as corrupt, or just as living in a different reality from Rick and Sarah.
- SIDES – PARADISE – RICHARD, VIDYA AND ELLEN
Paradise: Richard’s wife Ellen died a few months ago. Dr. Vidya has a method that may help him be with her again. The question is whether he’s willing to pay the price.
- SIDES – XEROS – DAWN AND MARIANNE
– Dawn and Marianne (Xeros scene): Dawn and Marianne are grifters, conning their way through life, but fiercely loyal to each other. An act of theft puts them in deeper trouble than they’ve been previously in their lives.
- SIDES – SUNDAY MORNING – KAI AND VISITOR
– Sunday Morning: Kai’s a dude sitting back minding his own business watching TV. A deeply religious, perhaps deeply lunatic, visitor appears on his porch one morning, aiming to save his soul.
- SIDES – SHADOW PLAY – CASSIE AND ADDIE
Shadow Play – A mother abandoned her mother years ago. The daughter has tracked her down, wanting to learn why. She may not like what she learns.
- SIDES – TALK SHOW – JAY AND MANDY
Talk Show – Mandy’s in her fifties, but still looks thirty. Is it her special line of vitamins? Or something she doesn’t want the world to know?
- SIDES – HOME SHOPPING CENTER – CASSIE AND EVVIE
Home Shopping Network – Cassie (not the same Cassie in Shadow Play) and Evvie want you to buy a robot pet.