Looking for ACTING CLASSES in SEATTLE? CLICK HERE
Auditions for Dreamfables
NO AUDITIONS ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED. WHEN THEY ARE, WE WILL LIST THEM HERE AND ON TPSONLINE.ORG
FOR OFFICE: LIST OF ACTORS AUDITIONING
- Thank you for your interest in auditioning for Dream Fables.
- We will send the exact location when your audition is confirmed.
- Please READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW before requesting an audition.
ANSWERS TO FAQ: Please read!
- What is DreamFables? It’s a “Twilight Zone” type of web series. The means that every episode will be a different little “movie” with different actors.
- Will the actors receive IMDB credit? We do plan on submitting all of the episodes to IMDB. So the actors should be getting IMDB credit.
- Is it aimed at kids or adults? Some episodes will have “R” rated language (such as the “F” word). And many have violence. It’s not intended for kids.
- What are the stories about? Robots, aliens, time travel, space travel, horror, monsters, comedy, zombies, vampires, and other SF/fantasy themes. Some episodes will be dramatic. Others will be whimsical. Some will be fantasy. Some will be science fiction.
- Will the same actors appear in all of the episodes? No. Each week will be a DIFFERENT short SF/fantasy story with DIFFERENT actors. Some actors may be cast again to play a different character later in a different episode.
- What kinds of actors do you need? As time goes on, we expect to need actors of all ages, races, body types, and ethnicities.
- Will you need child actors or teenaged actors? Possibly. If so we’ll hold a different audition. This audition is for adults 18 and older.
- Are the actors paid? We would love to have the web series eventually turn into a financially successful series which is generating an income, making it possible to pay actors and pay the other people (producers, directors, writers, composer, etc.) But at this point, it is ALL VOLUNTEER. None of us are being paid for our work. We’re doing it just for fun, as a labor of love.
- Do I need to bring a physical (printed) headshot? No, just send one by email when you apply to audition.
- What if I don’t have a headshot yet? I’m listing this question because I’ve invited some of my former acting students to audition. If you are a former student of mine, I realize you may not have a formal headshot yet. In this case, just attach a photo to your email that looks like you. The photo will help me keep you in mind when doing the casting.
- When will filming take place? All filming will be on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Do I need to prepare a monologue? No, the audition is a sight read.
- Are there script excerpts (sides) available to view before my audition? We will be posting some sides soon and will send them to actors who sign up to audition.
- What are the film dates? All filming will take place on Saturdays and Sundays, in the greater Seattle area. We are currently scheduling episodes filming in January, February and March 2018. If you are cast in an episode, you’ll be given the film dates when you are offered a part.
- Are you saying that if I’m cast, I will need to keep all of my Saturdays and Sundays free? No! The way it works is, if you are cast, you will be joining a POOL of actors that we will cast future episodes from.
- Then, AFTER your audition, if you’re cast, we’ll pick out specific dates and ask you to lock them in and commit to them. You don’t have to hold any dates open for Dreamfables, until you are cast in a particular role, in a particular episode.
- If you have questions that are NOT answered above, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org . But please read the info above first.